Please read the following update regarding South Dartmoor Clinic’s protocols when booking your next appointment with us.
During this time the Osteopathic profession is striving to ensure that patient safety is our number one priority as we provide care within a healthcare setting that adheres to the current Government and Industry guidelines on minimising any spread of Covid-19.
With this information in mind there will be a few changes implemented. The following framework should be helpful to know what to expect. This will be subject to change over the coming weeks/months in response to prevailing advice.
1. When you made your appointment you were asked if you were experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 (fever, new onset of cough, etc for more details please visit the NHS site). Please check if you have Coronavirus symptoms. You will be asked this question again prior to your appointment. Also if you have been exposed to anyone with suspected or diagnosed Covid-19 in the past 14 days, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
2. Appointment times will 40 minutes with 20 minute between each appointment in order to clean treatment areas and other high touch zones/clinic furniture and prepare and change PPE. To adhere to social distancing we will have only 1 patient (with household members) in the clinic at any given time.
3. We will ask that patients arrive on time for their appointment and not too early.
4. Please leave as many accessory items in the car/at home as you are able to. This includes watches, jewellery, bags etc. The less there is on you, the less chance there is of contamination.
5. If possible please bring your own PPE mask to attend your appt. You will need to remove any gloves that you have been wearing outside our clinic environment and wash your hands/put on another pair on entering the clinic or use the hand sanitiser supplied.
6. We kindly ask that patients do not bring friends or family to appointments unless required as a chaperone or for assistance.
7. It is advised that patients wear minimal, comfortable, loose clothing.
8. The treatment format should remain similar to pre Covid-19. A 2 metre distance will be maintained when possible (taking a history, giving advice).
9. The osteopath will be wearing the PPE. This will be sourced ethically (not taking away from the NHS). It will include single use gloves and apron and single session face masks and eye protection.
10. Payment will be using the sterilised the mobile card reader provided.
11. Further appointments will be made in a diary and an appointment card provided.
12. All magazines and reading materials have been removed from the clinic.
We trust that this level of care will prove satisfactory to you in providing a safe environment for you to receive your Osteopathic treatment in these Covid-19 times. We will continue to monitor our approach to delivering this care and modify these guidelines accordingly. If you have any further queries regarding this or your suitability for receiving treatment at this time, please contact me.
South Dartmoor Clinic